We depend on donated time and donated funds to execute our programs and work to the goal of eventually having The Sanctuary built and operating. Presently, the “active” program called A Home for Every Aging Heart that requires volunteers “in the field” to help is the senior dog rescue/senior placement program.
- We collect and transport the dog – usually to a foster home.
- A process to evaluate health and behavior issues begins with visit to a vet clinic – and possible ongoing therapies and treatments.
- We seek people who will adopt – we visit with them at their home and obtain a completed application.
- We arrange for meeting with the dog – and transport to the new home.
- On that happy day, we visit briefly to assist in adjustment.
- Ongoing, we help as may be needed, including assistance with bathing, exercise, behavior issues, health and nutrition advice, and liaison (transport maybe – again) with a vet’s office.
- Over the dog’s life, we follow up to offer help if needed and observe that the forever home is what everyone hoped for.
This work – rewarding and interesting – is done by people who love dogs and want to help – volunteers. We need committed support from volunteers: a few hours a month to help in the rescue process; the assessment and interim care period (foster homes are key); and the placement and follow-up. Please find the area(s) that interest you on the following form – and get it back to us! You are always very welcome and you will be a hero!
A HOME FOR EVERY AGING HEART
The Foundation launched this unique program to rescue senior dogs and place them in permanent homes with senior people. Everyone wins and the quality of life for the new owner and the dog are the best possible! We need committed support from volunteers: a few hours a month to help in the rescue process; the assessment and interim care period (foster homes are key); and the placement and follow-up. Please lend a hand (and some time) to some old friends.
Complete The Volunteer Form Now!