The Sanctuary (Bentley’s Place)
Because every dog deserves a great life
Top Dog Foundation will create a facility—not a shelter but a “Top Dog Country Club-style” home— for approximately 100-120 senior dogs who have lost all other options. This extraordinary sanctuary is designed to breathe new quality and love into the lives of senior dogs who would otherwise be euthanized due to age and health issues.
Some dogs come to us when owners pass away or move to assisted living. Others arrive from shelters and rescue groups, and still others have been abandoned. Through our Home for Every Aging Heart program and partners, we attempt to find a senior person interested in adoption who would enjoy the companionship of a senior dog. This program saves two lives… by helping them find one another. Other senior dogs, whose health issues are such that they need more care and cannot find an adopter, will live out their lives in Bentley’s Place, a one of a kind senior living facility named for a small dog who inspired its creation.
Well-socialized dogs will room together in large suites with 5 or 6 friends who enjoy each other’s company. They will have plush beds and doors leading to private patios. Group activities will be planned to keep them engaged, including walking trails and an indoor park for bad weather. Weekly checkups and appropriate therapies will ensure they are healthy and happy.
Accommodations will include:
- 10,000–15,000 sq. ft. building (existing as well as additions)
- Private / Group suites for 100–120 dogs
- Veterinary clinic and convalescent care
- Hydrotherapy/ultrasound therapy
- 20,000 square foot outdoor park
- Indoor park
- Training center
- Top Dog Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization funded completely through private donation and corporate sponsorship.
- Construction will be funded with donations of cash, goods & services, labor, and private and corporate sponsorship.
- Through our Dogs & Angels Program, we offer an estate planning option for those who wish to plan for the care of their dogs, should they pre-decease them.
- Ongoing funding for Bentley’s Place will be supported by revenues from the medical clinic, hydrotherapy and training centers, and the crematory.
The medical clinic will support the residents of Top Dog Foundation plus those Home For Every Aging Heart dogs who have been adopted from Top Dog Foundation. It will also be available for the general public and will provide internship opportunities for veterinary schools.
A full-size indoor pool, an underwater treadmill, and ultrasound therapy services will be open to the residents and outside clients, and will provide educational partnership opportunities for veterinary schools.
A full training center will provide services to the general public including private and group classes and competition trials.
Compassionate, private cremation services will be offered to the general public and support veterinary clinics / pet hospitals.