MISSION & VISION
We rescue, rehabilitate, and provide a loving and permanent home for dogs who are deemed unadoptable because of age and health and who would otherwise be unnecessarily euthanized.
That every senior dog – homeless, abandoned, or labeled “un-adoptable” – scheduled for expiration because of age and health, will have a loving and permanent home . . .and that their transition from this life will be in the arms of someone who loves them.
The Sanctuary (Bentley’s Place)
We have the property use donated. We have the construction plans and county approvals.
Now we just need the funding to make this first-ever facility a reality.
It will be supported by Top Dog Country Club, www.topdogcountryclub.com, a world-renowned vacation club
for dogs in New Germany, Minnesota, with a 18+ year history of trend-setting excellence in caring for dogs.
Top Dog Foundation will create a facility, not a shelter but a “Top Dog Country Club-style” home for approximately 100-120 senior dogs who have no other options. Some come to us when owners pass away or move to assisted living, others come from shelters and rescue groups, and still others have been abandoned. Dogs will be selected as residents by age and health status. Through our Home for Every Aging Heart program, we will attempt to find a senior person interested in adoption that would enjoy the companionship of a senior dog, saving two lives by helping them find one another. Other dogs whose health issues are such that they need more care and cannot find an adopter, will live out their lives in this one-of-a-kind senior living facility for dogs.
Well-socialized dogs will room together in large suites with 5 or 6 friends who enjoy each other’s company. They will have plush beds and doors leading to private patios. Group activities will be planned to keep them engaged, including walking trails and an indoor park for bad weather. Weekly checkups and appropriate therapies will ensure they are healthy and happy.
The facility will include the following:
- 10,000-15,000 sq. ft. building (existing as well as additions)
- Private / Group suites for 100-120 dogs
- Veterinary clinic and convalescent care
- Hydrotherapy / ultrasound therapy
- 20,000 sq ft outdoor park
- Indoor park
- Training center
- Top Dog Foundation is a 501©(3) non-profit organization funded completely through private donation and corporate sponsorship.
- Construction will be funded with donations of cash, goods and services, labor, and private and corporate sponsorship.
- Through our Dogs & Angels Program, we offer an estate planning option for people who wish to plan for the care of their dogs, should they pre-decease their dog.
- Ongoing funding for Bentley’s Place will be supported by revenues from the medical clinic, hydrotherapy and training centers, and the crematory.
The medical clinic will support the residents of Top Dog Sanctuary, plus the Home For Every Aging Heart dogs who have been adopted from Top Dog Foundation. The clinic will also be open to serve the general public and will provide internship opportunities for veterinary schools.
A full-size indoor pool, an underwater treadmill, and ultrasound therapy services will be open to the residents and outside clients, and will provide educational partnership opportunities for veterinary schools.
A full training center will provide services to the general public including private and group classes and competition trials.
Compassionate, private cremation services will be offered to the general public and support veterinary clinics / pet hospitals.